Tuesday, November 16, 2010



Trying to do too many things at once. A body can't be two places at one time. A person can't do two jobs at the same time. One will not come out so well. Oh, sure you can catch up but at the time one job is lacking in quality.
I work part time and I am very grateful I have a family that pitches in and helps out around the house when I work, but my heart is in my home. I love being a housewife, homemaker, wife and mother. I love having a home ready for them when they come home from work and school. It gives me such a good feeling.I am just realizing how important that is to me and to them.

Titus 2:  4: That they may teach the young women to be wise, to love their husbands, to love their children, 5: To be discreet, chaste, sober, having a care of the house, gentle...

It makes me think of how it must have been for Mary. Oh, yes, she didn't have all of the modern conveniences we have today but she must have loved having a home for Jesus and Joseph. Nesting. Keeping a place for your family to find comfort.

No comments:

Dear Lord help us to educate our family for your glory.

"Since parents have conferred life on their children, they have a most solemn obligation to educate their offspring. Hence, parents must be acknowledged as the first and foremost educators of their children. Their role as educators is so decisive that scarcely anything can compensate for their failure in it. For it devolves on parents to create a family atmosphere so animated with love and reverence for God and others that a well-rounded personal and social development will be fostered among children. Hence, the family is the first school of those social virtues which every society needs."--Gravissimum Educationis (one of the documents of the Second Vatican Council)

Helping and Loving Our Neighbor

Corporal works of Mercy
Feed the hungry

Give drink to the thirsty

Clothe the naked

Shelter the homeless

Visit the sick

Visit the imprisoned

Bury the dead



The Spiritual Works of Mercy
Admonish the sinner

Instruct the ignorant

Counsel the doubtful

Comfort the sorrowful
Bear wrongs patiently

Forgive all injuries

Pray for the living and the dead


Good Samaritain