Friday, January 14, 2011

Simple Woman's Day Book Planner

 Holidays are over. Decorations are down. Time to think about other things.

Just for today:

Outside my window it is cold and snowy and gray.

Today I am thinking about several things. First let me say, I work part time, usually, but last week I filled in for someone for a week. It has been the first time I worked that many days in a row outside the home in many, many years. So, what I am thinking about is how grateful to the Lord for the blessings he has given me that allows me to stay home and care for my family and home. I have met many unhappy women who long to be home and can't.

I am very thankful for the wonderful gift of a home and a fine husband and son to care for. I am also grateful for my own wonderful parents.

I am wearing a blue jean skirt and a flowered shirt.

I am remembering all I need to do around the house.

Tonight I will be visiting a nursing home.

A good book I am reading is actually well, several: Secrets of Mary by Janice T. Connell and Confessions of an Organized Homemaker by Deneice Schofield. Trying to get things organized around the home a little more. Sometimes it's good to try new organization tips.
I am hoping for no snow tonight.

I am hearing the theme song to the Dick Van @#!*% show because I just finished watching it. It is one of my favorite shows.

On my mind is many things.

I am noticing a gray cat lying by my feet.

One of my favorite things is a clean house and a day that ends well. Also,  sharing faith with my son on the way to taking him to school is one of my favorite things.

From the kitchen is not going to be today but I am hoping to do bread baking next week. Can't wait. I love to bake bread and haven't been able to get to that lately.

On my mind is how much better I can organize my home. I, also, love vintage kitchen items so I am thinking of next week when I have a chance to go to a new antique store we have in town.


Enjoy 100's of other Daybooks at

Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook! http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/



No comments:

Dear Lord help us to educate our family for your glory.

"Since parents have conferred life on their children, they have a most solemn obligation to educate their offspring. Hence, parents must be acknowledged as the first and foremost educators of their children. Their role as educators is so decisive that scarcely anything can compensate for their failure in it. For it devolves on parents to create a family atmosphere so animated with love and reverence for God and others that a well-rounded personal and social development will be fostered among children. Hence, the family is the first school of those social virtues which every society needs."--Gravissimum Educationis (one of the documents of the Second Vatican Council)

Helping and Loving Our Neighbor

Corporal works of Mercy
Feed the hungry

Give drink to the thirsty

Clothe the naked

Shelter the homeless

Visit the sick

Visit the imprisoned

Bury the dead



The Spiritual Works of Mercy
Admonish the sinner

Instruct the ignorant

Counsel the doubtful

Comfort the sorrowful
Bear wrongs patiently

Forgive all injuries

Pray for the living and the dead


Good Samaritain